Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #20 YouTube and TeacherTube

I was so excited when I was found that we were getting to explore YouTube and TeacherTube. I frequently look at YouTube and I am excited that I get to share one of my favorite videos and I am sure many of you are familiar with this video. I first saw it when I went to my mom's house and we were playing on YouTube. She asked me if I saw this video and I was like ummm no I haven't see it and she and I watched this video and I loved it! The funny thing was that that happened on a Saturday and the very next Monday my students came to school talking about that same video! So that is why I have to share it with you. Even if you have seen it, watch it and enjoy it again!
I have never really explored TeacherTube but I have known teachers to use it. When I explored it I found some videos but what I don't like about it is that when you search something they will give you anything with at least one of those words in it and may have nothing to do with what you typed in. I also don't like how it doesn't have an advanced search so when I search for videos I can't limit them to elementary and I am stuck looking through all the videos for h/s and college to get to the few that are elementary. I did find one video that I could use to introduce the solar system. It goes fast so I would have to pause it to go over each of the planets.
The Solar System

Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment