Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #15 Web 2.0, library 2.0 and the furture of libraries

Library 2.0 is an extension of web 2.0. I read a few of the articles that were given to us and I am not surprised at what they have to say. I think that the library is slowly going from print to computer or digital. For example I have a Kindle. I am able to download books in a digital format at the touch of a button. It makes getting books faster and for some easier to read. More and more students are learning how to search on the web to find information for research and not using reference materials. Libraries need to be ready for this. They need to have available resources for students and adults on the internet and know how to use them. Technology is not going away, it is only going to get more advanced and we need to be prepared for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment