Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #5: Explore Flickr

For thing #5 I had to explore flickr. I was intrigued by this because I have heard of flickr and always wondered what in the world is it! I was excited when I saw that thing #5 was all about flickr. As I looked around on the website I learned that it was a database basically that people can put photos on and share them with other people. They can group the photos and put them in sets. They can tag the photos so when someone is searching for photos under a certain tag then their photo will come up. They also have a creative commons so a person would have to be aware of the rights for the photo. It is also great because you can meet people with the same interest as you do. You can keep your family informed of what is going on in your life and they can comment on the photos! I think this is a great website if you have a love of taking photos and would like to share them with the world! Here is a photo that I found that was uploaded onto flickr by wade from Oklahoma. It is of a recreation of the Laura Ingalls Wilder's home that I can use with my Little House in the Big Woods literature unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment