Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7 ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

I have always thought of myself as a lifelong learner, if I wasn't I wouldn't be getting a masters right? Well that is what I thought before I listened to the power point presentation of 71/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners. I realized that I needed to be doing these things in order to truly be a life long learner. The one that I feel will be the easiest is using technology to my advantage. I am always getting on the Internet to learn new things and I use a lot of technology in my daily life and teaching. The one that I think will be the most difficult will be viewing problems as challenges. When have I a problem sometimes I get aggravated easily and have a hard time solving the problem. Now I need to look at every problem as a challenge and try not to get so "worked up" about the problem and try to solve it and look at it as a learning experience. I also learned that I teach these aspects to my students and I really need to take them out to recess more often :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Good post :) Yes I am working on this too...trying to solve problems and do something about them rather than just freak out and doing nothing to fix the problem. I have come to realize that ignoring problems does not make them go away! I read the 7 Habits of Highly effective teens...or something like that when was younger. This by the same author?? And what is an Avatar? Man this comment is getting really long so I am going to stop now!

    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the avatar on Yahoo and copied as a jpg and put it on here. I am not for sure if it is the same but it deals with life long learning and how to make you a life long learner. It really opened my eyes and I am really going to try to become a life long learner :)

    ReplyDelete